Jacksonville, Florida Climate & Temperature
- Jacksonville, Florida, Usa is at 30°29'N, 81°42'W, 11 m (36 ft). See map.
- Jacksonville, Florida has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Jacksonville, Florida is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 20 degrees Celsius (68 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 16.3 °C (29.3°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 18.9°C (66°F) on average falling to 5.8°C (42.4°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 26.1°C (79°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 13°C (55.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 32.5°C (90.4°F) and average low temperatures are 21.6°C (70.9°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 26.9°C (80.4°F) during the day and lows of 15.3°C (59.5°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1303.6 mm (51.3 inches) which is equivalent to 1303.6 Litres/m² (31.97 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2640 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Jacksonville, Florida you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Geraldton, Western Australia, Australia where you would find a Mediterranean climate (Subtropical thorn woodland biome).
Jacksonville, Florida Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Jacksonville, Florida Climate Graph in Metric Units
Jacksonville, Florida Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Jacksonville, Florida, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Topic: Climate of Jacksonville, Florida, Usa
Page 1 of 1
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Millen, Ga, Usa - 259.1 kms (161 miles) N
- Eastmanw, Ga, Usa - 209 kms (129.9 miles) NW
- Waycrosse, Ga, Usa - 102.3 kms (63.6 miles) NW
- Quitman, Ga, Usa - 227.1 kms (141.1 miles) WNW
- Madison, Fl, Usa - 136.8 kms (85 miles) WNW
- Tallahassee, Fl, Usa - 249.1 kms (154.8 miles) W
- Lake City, Fl, Usa - 135.9 kms (84.4 miles) WSW
- Federal Point, Fl, Usa - 61 kms (37.9 miles) SSW
- Inverness, Fl, Usa - 167.5 kms (104.1 miles) S